Top 10 learning trends
Executive Summary: In the relentless pursuit of growth, organizations must recognize the transformative potential of embracing learning trends. This blog highlights how staying ahead of the curve can revolutionize corporate training and drive remarkable outcomes. It also explores the top 10 learning trends that are reshaping the training landscape. These go from personalized learning journeys to immersive technologies. This blog also talks about how to implement the learning trends and challenges that may arise. Discover how these trends can empower your company to outperform competitors, boost employee development, and foster a culture of continuous learning.
Embarking on a journey of corporate training can feel like setting out on an adventure. The path ahead might seem full of twists, turns, and new challenges. Staying up-to-date on the latest learning trends is crucial in this learning journey. It helps ensure that any organization is equipped with the knowledge and tools to succeed beyond obstacles.
Navigating the terrain of corporate training is like hiking through the woods. A hiker must be aware of the paths, weather conditions, and potential hazards. Similarly, organizations must consider the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in their field. Without a clear picture of the current learning landscape, it can be easy to fall behind the competition.
Staying informed on learning trends has never been easier. By keeping a keen eye on emerging trends and staying connected to the larger community of learning professionals, organizations can ensure they are equipped with the knowledge and tools needed to forge ahead in their journey of corporate training.
So, strap on your boots, grab your backpack, and let’s hit the trail together! In this blog, we explore the latest and best learning trends in corporate training. The path ahead might be steep. But with the right mindset and commitment to staying informed, we can conquer any challenge on our way.
Dumping documents, PPTs, and classroom sessions is a waste of your training budget. This is because folks will forget 95% of the concepts within 7 days if not reinforced.
You can’t reinforce each and every concept because of practical limitations.
What should you do instead? Arm them with one concept at a time. And keep ’em short. A human’s attention span is 8 seconds.
RapL is your software for that.
Why Learning Trends Matter
A hiker must continually learn and adapt to the terrain. Similarly, companies must adapt to the dynamic landscape of the corporate world. Continuous learning is more important for individual employees and the company. Here are the key reasons it is important to stay on top of learning trends:
Agility: One of the most significant advantages of keeping up with learning trends is improved agility. With the business world evolving at an unprecedented pace, organizations need to quickly adapt to new challenges and seize new opportunities to thrive. By adapting to the latest learning trends, organizations can respond to changing market trends, emerging technologies, and evolving customer needs.
Resilience: Another key benefit of staying ahead of learning trends is increased resilience. By providing employees with up-to-date training, organizations create a workforce that is well equipped to handle unexpected challenges. They can also navigate difficult situations and come up with innovative solutions to help the organization weather any storm.
Employee engagement: Keeping up with learning trends can increase employee engagement. When employees feel their organization is invested in their growth and development, they are more likely to be loyal and committed. By providing employees with the latest training opportunities, organizations show they value their employees’ contributions and are committed to helping them reach their full potential. Read this blog to learn more about why learning engagement matters.
Better performance: Staying ahead of learning trends can improve overall company performance. Employees with the latest training are better equipped to perform their jobs effectively, leading to increased productivity, higher quality work, and improved customer satisfaction. This, in turn, can lead to increased profitability and long-term success for the organization.
Why Learning Trends Matter
Conversely, failing to follow learning trends and falling behind the curve can have negative consequences. Companies that fail to prioritize learning and development may find themselves at a competitive disadvantage. They may struggle to keep up with industry trends, and fall behind in innovation and market share. By investing in the ongoing development of their employees and staying abreast of the latest learning trends and methodologies, companies can improve their profitability, drive growth, and position themselves for long-term success in the marketplace.
We have established that the benefits of following learning trends are worth the effort. So, let’s lace up our hiking boots and set out on this journey of continuous learning and improvement together. Here are the top 10 learning trends your company should follow to stay ahead of the curve.
Top 10 Learning Trends
- Virtual Training: This offers a cost-effective and efficient way for companies to train employees. This is because it eliminates the need for physical classrooms or travel. Virtual training can include live webinars, e-learning modules, and virtual reality simulations. This learning trend also promotes inclusivity and accessibility by removing barriers, such as geographic location or physical disabilities.
- Upskilling and reskilling: Upskilling and reskilling employees is a smart investment that can positively impact the company’s bottom line. When employees have the skills and knowledge to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively, productivity and quality of work increase. Additionally, it can reduce employee turnover rates and the need for outside hiring, saving the company both time and money. By encouraging upskilling and reskilling, companies can also foster a culture of continuous learning and development, attracting top talent and promoting employee retention. This learning trend is a win-win for both employees and the company.
- Soft skills training: Soft skills, such as communication, problem-solving, and teamwork, are crucial for creating a positive work environment and improving productivity. By investing in soft skills training, companies can improve employee engagement and satisfaction, leading to increased motivation and decreased turnover rates. Additionally, employees with strong soft skills can better serve customers and clients, leading to higher customer satisfaction and increased revenue. In today’s highly competitive business world, soft skills training is a valuable tool for companies to maintain a competitive edge and improve their bottom line.
- Microlearning: By breaking complex topics down into smaller, bite-sized pieces of information, microlearning helps employees learn new skills more efficiently. This type of training also promotes self-paced learning. This allows employees to fit training into their schedules without taking time away from work. A LinkedIn survey found 58% of employees prefer to learn at their own pace, and 49% prefer to learn in small, bite-sized segments. The benefits of microlearning include increased engagement, retention, and performance. When employees are engaged and motivated to learn, they are more likely to retain the information and apply it to their work. This can lead to improved performance and increased efficiency. This ultimately leads to higher productivity and revenue for the company. Additionally, by providing targeted and effective training, employees may feel more valued and satisfied with their work, leading to reduced turnover and recruitment costs.
- Personalization: Personalization in learning aims to provide tailored learning experiences to individual employees. This learning trend recognizes that every employee is different and has unique challenges and goals. By addressing these differences through personalized and adaptive learning experiences, employees are more likely to engage with the training, retain the information, and perform better in their roles. This, in turn, leads to increased productivity and a positive impact on the company’s bottom line. By investing in personalized training, companies can effectively address the needs of each employee and help them reach their full potential. This ultimately leads to a more skilled, efficient, and productive workforce that drives business success.
- Gamification: Gamification involves using game elements, such as points, badges, and leaderboards, to make the learning experience more engaging and motivating. By incorporating gamification into corporate training, employees are more likely to remain engaged and retain the information. Additionally, gamification can help create a sense of competition and encourage employees to push themselves to perform better. This, in turn, can lead to improved productivity and increased bottom-line results for the company. Moreover, gamification can help improve employee morale and job satisfaction by making learning more fun and enjoyable. Studies show that 90% of employees say gamification makes them more productive at work.
- Cultural competency and diversity: For organizations that seek to thrive in an increasingly diverse world, embracing cultural differences and promoting inclusion is essential. It can lead to a more engaged and motivated workforce, as well as increased innovation and creativity. Employees trained in cultural competency and diversity are better equipped to navigate a multicultural workplace, communicate effectively with colleagues and clients from different backgrounds, and build relationships across cultural divides. In turn, this can positively impact a company’s growth by attracting top talent and encouraging creativity and collaboration. By embracing and prioritizing cultural competency and diversity in corporate training, companies can create a more equitable and inclusive workplace that is better equipped to thrive in a rapidly-changing world.
- Flexible learning: A study by Harvard Business Review shows that 96% of employees said they need flexibility. That’s one reason why online courses, mobile apps, etc. have become increasingly popular in corporate training. This learning trend of flexible learning platforms allows employees to access learning materials at their convenience. For example, they can access the materials at home or during a break at work. A more flexible and accessible learning experience allows employees to better balance their work and personal lives. This leads to increased job satisfaction and reduced turnover. Additionally, companies can save on costs associated with traditional classroom-style training. This results in improved productivity and a stronger bottom line for the company.
- Social learning: Social learning leverages the power of social interactions to enhance learning outcomes. Social learning encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing, and the creation of a learning community. This learning approach fosters employee engagement and promotes a sense of belonging, which positively impacts retention and productivity. Another study by Harvard Business Review shows that social learning creates trust between colleagues. This can improve productivity by 50%. Social learning enables employees to learn from each other’s experiences and expertise, leading to better problem-solving and decision-making.
- Virtual reality (VR): By simulating real-life scenarios, VR allows employees to practice complex skills and procedures in a safe, controlled environment. This not only enhances learning outcomes but also increases employee confidence and reduces on-the-job errors. The benefits of VR training also extend to cost savings, as it eliminates the need for expensive physical equipment and venues. Additionally, VR is a scalable solution that can be used to train employees across geographically dispersed locations. By investing in VR training, companies can improve employee performance, enhance safety, and ultimately increase their bottom line. BMW uses virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) to train their employees. FedEx Ground also uses VR in employee training.
How to Implement Learning Trends
- Identify the learning needs of the organization: Understanding the unique learning needs of your organization is crucial for implementing effective learning trends. This involves identifying knowledge gaps, skill deficiencies, and areas of improvement for employees to enhance their performance.
- Determine the appropriate learning trend to implement: After identifying the learning needs, it’s important to choose the appropriate learning trend that aligns with the organization’s goals and employee learning preferences. This may involve exploring various options, such as virtual training, upskilling, microlearning, and more.
- Communicate the benefits of the learning trend to all stakeholders: It’s essential to communicate the benefits of the chosen learning trend to all stakeholders, including employees, managers, and senior leaders. This involves explaining how the learning trend will help employees enhance their skills, boost productivity, and contribute to the organization’s success.
- Provide the necessary resources and support: To successfully implement the learning trend, it’s crucial to provide the necessary resources, such as technology and training materials, to employees. Additionally, providing support such as coaching, mentoring, and feedback helps employees apply their learning effectively.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the learning trend: Evaluating the effectiveness of the learning trend is critical to ensure it achieves the intended outcomes. This involves measuring employee performance, knowledge retention, and the impact of the learning trend on the organization’s bottom line. Evaluation also helps identify areas for improvement and refine the learning trend for better results.
Challenges of Learning Trends
- Resistance to change: Some employees and leaders may resist new learning trends due to fear, lack of understanding, or preference for traditional methods. Overcoming this challenge requires effective communication, training, and support to help stakeholders understand the benefits of the new trend.
- Budget limitations: Implementing new learning trends can be expensive, and some organizations may struggle to allocate sufficient funds. This challenge can be addressed through strategic planning, prioritization, and leveraging cost-effective solutions such as virtual training and open-source software.
- Lack of technology or expertise: Some organizations may lack the necessary technology or expertise to implement certain learning trends. Addressing this challenge requires investing in training and resources to build the necessary skills and infrastructure.
- Lack of alignment with company culture: Learning trends that do not align with an organization’s values, goals, or culture may face resistance or failure. Overcoming this challenge requires careful planning, collaboration, and adaptation to ensure alignment with the company’s vision and values.
Challenges of Learning Trends
In conclusion, following learning trends is critical to the success of any organization today. By embracing the latest learning trends, organizations can foster a culture of learning, agility, and innovation. This drives productivity, growth, and success. With RapL, companies can stay ahead of the curve. They can provide updated, streamlined, and engaging training that equips their workforce with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed. RapL’s digital training and productivity solution can help companies elevate their workforce and gain a competitive edge in their industry. To know more,
contact us at email@example.com.
Download it now!
Dear reader, thanks for being with us all the way till the end. We suggest 2 things from here
1. Speak to us if you want a microlearning strategy deep-dive: Microlearning is extremely effective, if approached sensibly. Microlearning is the answer to today’s shortening attention spans and we know how to make learning successful via microlearning. Drop your context here and we shall partner with you for the rest.
2. Lap up more content: We have written some intense literature on how microlearning is the superglue between people and successful business operations. Access all of it here.
How to make impactful training videos
Executive Summary: Training videos have emerged as an indispensable tool for effective training. With their ability to engage and educate employees, training videos have become
Software for learning: Set sail on your training journey
Learning is like sailing in an open sea. It can be both thrilling and unpredictable. A sailor needs a reliable compass and well-crafted map…
Top 10 personalized learning platforms
A company named TechCo needed to train its employees on new software. The traditional classroom setting was not practical.It would require many hours of training and disrupt the company’s operations…
The 10 best corporate training platforms
TechNova, a software development company, struggles to effectively train and develop its remote workforce. The challenge arises from the physical distance between different…
Download it now!