RapL is committed to protecting the privacy of its Users whose information is collected and stored while using RapL’s Platform through our Website or App.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, NOR DO WE INTEND TO DO SO. WE DO NOT GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES EXCEPT TO SUBPROCESSORS TO ASSIST US IN THE PROVISION OF OUR SERVICES TO YOU.
If you have any questions regarding this Section, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you register to use our Website, App, or Platform, we collect personal information (also referred to as personally identifiable information or “PII”) which may include your name, online contact information such as your email address or username, phone number, and other personal information. The information so collected will be stored on our servers. You are able to change your personal information via email by contacting us at email@example.com or through your profile or account settings on our Website, App, or Platform.
- Geolocation and Equipment Information. We may collect information that does not personally identify you such as (i) your geolocation, and (ii) information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, App, or Platform, and usage details.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- At registration on our Website, App, or Platform.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and our Website, App or Platform.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, App, or Platform, which provides dedicated non-browser based interaction between you and our Website, App, or Platform.
- When you subscribe to a newsletter.
We collect information from you automatically when you navigate through our Website, App, or Platform in the following ways:
- Usage details.
- IP addresses.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information that you provide to:
- Personalize your experience in using our Platform.
- Provide you with information, products, or services requested from us.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, App, and Platform.
- Improve our customer service.
- Administer contests, promotions, and surveys or other Website, App, and Platform features.
- Anonymize data and aggregate data for statistics.
- Contact you about third parties’ goods and services.
- Send you periodic emails, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 as detailed in Section 14, via the email address provided by you to (i) send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions; (ii) process orders and send information and updates pertaining to such orders; (iii) send additional information related to your product and/or service; and (iv) market to our mailing list or continue to send email to you after the original transaction has occurred.
We allow third party behavioral tracking and links to third-party web pages. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Website, App, or Platform. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website, App, or Platform and welcome any feedback about these sites. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Our Website and App are reasonably scanned to meet or exceed PCI Compliance. Our Website and App receive regular security scans and penetration tests. Our Website and App also receive regular malware scans. In addition, our Website and App use an SSL certificate as an added security measure. We require username and passwords for our employees who can access your personal information that we store and/or process on our Platform and servers. In addition, we actively prevent third parties from getting access to your personal information that we store and/or process on our Platform and servers. We will implement reasonable security measures every time you (a) place an order, or (b) enter, submit, or access your information, (c) register, or (d) access our Platform, on our Website and App.
DATA SECURITY MEASURES.
- Security Measures. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, App, or Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website, App, or Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website, App, or Platform.
- Fair Information Practice Principles. In the event of a personal data breach, we will notify you within fifteen (15) days via (i) email and/or (ii) our Platform notification system on our Website and/or App. We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are times when we may share Personal Information that you have shared with us may be shared by RapL with others to enable us to provide you over Services, including contractors, service providers, and third parties (“Partners”). This section discusses only how RapL may share such information with Partners. We will ensure that our Partners protect your Personal Information. The following describe how and with whom we may share your Personal Information:
Disclosure of Personal Information.
- We may disclose aggregated, de-personalized information about you that does not identify any individual to other parties without restriction, such as for marketing, advertising or other uses.
- We may disclose personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- We may disclose personal information to contractors, services providers and other third parties.
- We require all contractors, service providers and other third parties to whom we disclose your personal information to be under contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose them.
- We may disclose personal information in the event of a merger, sale of business, etc.
- We may disclose to third parties to market their products and services to you if you have either consented or not opted out of these disclosures.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties to market their products and services if you have either consented or not opted out of these disclosures.
- We require all other Partners, to whom we disclose your personal information, to enter into contracts with us to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to such Partners.
- We disclose personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you have provided it, for instance, if you gave us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Platform.
- We may disclose personal information for any other purpose for which you have provided it.
Other Disclosure of Personal Information.
Third Party Disclosure.
- We do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise transfer personal information to others, unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include our hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, App, or Platform, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We do not provide non-personally identifiable visitor information for marketing purposes.
Choices Users Have About How RapL Uses and Discloses Information.
GOOGLE ADSENSE AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We use these Cookies to compile data regarding User interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website or App.
FOR OUR CANADIAN USERS
- Definition of Personal Information. Any information about an identifiable individual. Whatever may be the physical form or characteristics of a particular regime for “business contact information” (name, position, title, address, professional phone number, etc.)
- Right to Access Personal Information. You can request to access your personal information we hold about you. We will first confirm whether you have requested such information, explain how we have used your information, provide a list of names with whom your information has been shared and provide a copy of your information in an accessible format and make alternative formats available if requested.
- Right to Correction/Limited Right to Deletion. You can request us to correct or delete your information IF you demonstrate that the personal information we hold on you is inaccurate. We will delete or correct your information within thirty (30) calendar days. When we delete/correct your personal information we will inform the third parties with whom we have shared your information.
- Right to be Forgotten. Your information will be kept with us for as long as it is required for the fulfillment of the purposes of RapL platform. Unless we otherwise give you notice, we will retain your Information on the RapL Platform on your behalf until such times as you or we terminate your User Account.
- Data Breach Notification. We will send a notification to you as soon as feasible regarding the information of any breach that creates a “real risk of significant harm” to you. We keep a record of every data breach and, on request, provide the Office of the Privacy Commissioner with access to the record.
- Canadian Privacy Officer. We have appointed a Canadian Privacy and Data Protection Officer, email@example.com, to make sure the privacy rights of our Canadian users are protected in compliance with PIPEDA.
- Two Factor Authentication. You may enable two-factor authentication on your account to help ensure that only you can access your account. If you do, in addition to entering your password to log in to your account to access the RapL Platform, we will send a code to your mobile number, which you will need to enter. This added security prevents anyone else from accessing your RapL account unless they have access to your login information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
RapL does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your “Personal Information” as the term is defined under the California Civil Code Section § 1798.82(h). Additionally, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Users of our Website, App, or Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request for such disclosure, or identification and/or deletion of Personal Information in all our systems that we store on you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at RapL, 32, 2nd Ave, #421 Burlington, MA 01803 USA.
Note that (i) if we delete your Personal Information as requested, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you and (ii) we may need to keep such Personal Information for a while during the shutting down and billing process. If you would like to discuss our Personal Information storage and processing process with us, please send us an email at email@example.com or write us at RapL, 32, 2nd Ave, #421 Burlington, MA 01803 USA.
CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003
The CAN-SPAM Act establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have businesses stop emailing them, and spells out penalties for violations. Per the CAN-SPAM Act, we will:
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- include the physical address of RapL, which is 32, 2nd Ave, #421 Burlington, MA 01803 USA.
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- give an “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” option.
If you wish to opt out of email marketing, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all future marketing correspondences.
LIST OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
|Name of Third-Party Service Provider||Contact Information|
|Amazon Web Services Inc. (North Virginia, US)|
Address: 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210
Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about our third-party service providers, please email us at email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT/DMCA NOTICE
If you believe that any content on our Website, App, or Platform violates your copyright, and you wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA Takedown Notice”)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material on our Website, App, or Platform that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove.
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
RapL’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is
firstname.lastname@example.org and at RapL,
Attn: DMCA Notice, 32, 2nd Ave, #421 Burlington, MA 01803 USA. You acknowledge that for us to be authorized to
take down any content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all the requirements of this Section. Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by RapL in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
- Address: RapL, 32, 2nd Ave, #421 Burlington, MA 01803 USA.