A 5-Minute Guide to the revolutionary microlearning app that is changing the learning curve!
Microlearning is an emerging trend that is quickly gaining popularity. It is becoming a more viable solution to the problem of employees not having enough time to complete long, drawn-out training courses. A microlearning app can be a useful tool for firms to provide their employees with on-demand learning opportunities. This microlearning app can be used for one-off training or ongoing learning opportunities.
In today’s business world, it is imperative that you constantly update your talent pool with best practices, the latest happenings in your industry, and relevant skills to help them perform better. Manufacturing schedules are tight and product development cycles are even tighter. This means there is very little time for things like training new hires on their job duties. This is where Microlearning apps come into the picture!
What is a Microlearning App and How Does it Actually Work?
A microlearning app is a mobile application that delivers bite-sized chunks of content to learners. It is designed to help busy professionals learn new skills quickly and efficiently.
Microlearning apps offer many advantages for businesses. For starters, they can be used to train employees on company procedures and policies. They can also be used to deliver sales and customer service training. Additionally, microlearning apps can be a great way to onboard new hires. It could also be helpful to provide continuing education for existing employees.
Another benefit of microlearning apps is that they are highly flexible. Learners can access content whenever and wherever they want. This makes it easy to fit learning into a busy schedule. Microlearning apps allow learners to focus on specific topics. They can be an effective way to learn new information.
If you’re looking for a way to train your workforce, a microlearning app may be the most effective solution.
Why Should You Use Microlearning Apps for Your Business?
Microlearning apps are a great way to improve productivity and efficiency in your business. They can help employees learn new skills. They also help them retain information better through bite-size, and repetitive learning. Microlearning apps can also be used to train new talent or provide refresher training for existing talent. Also, microlearning apps can be customized to meet the specific needs of your business.
How can businesses use microlearning?
There are many ways businesses can use microlearning to their advantage. Here are just a few:
- Improving employee training – studies show that microlearning can increase learners’ retention of training materials by as much as 85%. By using microlearning, businesses can ensure that their workforce is fully equipped to handle the demands of the job.
- Enhancing customer service – microlearning can help improve customer service quality by helping employees develop soft skills. Like communication and problem-solving. It can also reduce customer service costs by reducing repeat customer calls.
- Boosting employee morale – employees have easy access to online training resources. This makes them more likely to feel valued by their employers. This improves employee satisfaction and ensures that staff turnover remains low.
How do you choose an effective microlearning app?
There are plenty of options on the market, but most of them offer similar features. Here are some tips for finding the right one for you:
- Choose a mobile-first approach – according to the eMarketer’s report, the “average adult spends almost three hours a day on mobile.” That means many people will access your training resources on a mobile device, not a computer.
- Look for a learning platform – many microlearning apps offer their own Learning Platform. This allows them to manage and track their training sessions. Some even integrate with existing LMS platforms. If there is an existing LMS system, look for a microlearning app that integrates with it.
- Pay attention to security – some microlearning apps are integrated with other third-party services. Make sure the microlearning application you choose doesn’t have access to sensitive information. Like bank details or credit card numbers.
Employees are more likely to retain information when it’s easy to access. Microlearning apps can be a powerful tool to improve both your employees’ skills and your business’ performance.
The Top 10 Microlearning Apps for your business
The cost of retaining and training new employees continues to rise. More businesses are looking for ways to keep their existing employees engaged and productive. And for many organizations, microlearning is a valuable tool for increasing employee retention.
The internet is full of apps and tools that promise to help you learn faster, but which ones are worth your time? Here are 10 of the most popular microlearning apps that can help
1. RapL is a personalized AI-driven knowledge provider for all things microlearning. It supports multilingual capabilities. RapL, like most platforms, has everything you need to implement a microlearning strategy: an easy-to-use content production module, a gamification flow that motivates employees, and programs designed for spaced repetition.
RapL is not just limited to a microlearning tool, it is an insight into the entire organizations’ people capability. RapL helps each employee unlock their full potential and provides managers insights into each employee’s growth. This in turn drives business growth.
- Personalized and AI-driven
- Scenario-based learning
- Content Library
- Detailed analytics dashboard
- Database of content
Cost – Price available on request
2. EdApp is another tool that offers various solutions. Like mobile LMS, course library, course creation, microlearning app lets you break down your training material into concise sessions. The sessions could only cover the most important topics using the microlearning function.c
- Editable course library
- Admin and Learner Portal
- PowerPoint converter
Cost – The base version is free. The Pro version is paid.
3. QStream – A microlearning platform that complements existing HR and learning tech systems. They focus on the science behind the forgetting curve, which serves as a backbone for the organization.
- Spaced learning and repetition
- Gamification and recognition
- Microlearning content authoring
- Content management, storage, and sharing
Cost – Price available on request
4. Axonify focuses on the frontline workforce. They provide them with the tools that would drive their productivity. Mobile learning enables learners to quickly learn during their busy schedules. Managers can monitor the growth of their employees and get actionable insights into their employees.
- Course Library
- Analytics dashboard
Cost – Available on request
5. 7Taps redefines creating courses. They provide users with the ability to create quick courses with their pre-defined templates. Anyone can create and deploy the course within 15 minutes and 7 taps.
- Create without the hassle of code and lack of design experience.
- No sign-up or download required
- Track your learner’s performance
Cost – Free and Paid
6. Goskills is a versatile LMS and microlearning application. It helps small businesses raise engagement levels. The courses are segmented into compact units and gamified. It offers an authoring tool, so you can quickly develop and personalize your courses’ branding for no cost. Additionally, this site has a collection of pre-made courses. Although GoSkills is free, it only offers paid courses.
- Content Library
Cost – Free trial for 7 days, Paid
7. Cornerstone is an adaptive HCM solution powered by AI. The tool acts as a complete package for HR. Modules such as Learning and Development, Recruiting and onboarding, performance management, engagement surveys, workforce planning, analytics and reporting, and much more.
- HCM solution
- Performance management
- Content Library
Cost – Quote available on request
8. Master O is a mobile-first sales enablement & learning platform focused on training the sales force. It boosts employee productivity, customer satisfaction, and sales effectiveness. Customers can use them to repackage their existing information into bite-sized sales playlists. This is achieved with game-based assessment and microlearning activities.
- All things sales
- Video-based sales coaching
- Blended learning pathways
Cost – Price available on request
9. Tigerhall is a mobile social learning platform. It provides professionals with direct access to global industry experts. This is achieved through personalized, bite-sized information that meets their fast-changing upskilling needs.
- Social learning
Cost – Available on request
10. Code of Talent provides individualized learning experiences that meet learning demands. The three to seven-minute microlearning excursions can be completed at any time, anywhere. The courses offered by Code of Talent are portable and simple to understand. They encourage self-paced learning, social learning, and content engagement. You can also construct interactive tests that resemble games using its gamification function. This will entice and include learners in their training.
- Social learning
- Multi-language support
Cost – Paid
Features of a Microlearning App
A microlearning app is a powerful tool that can help your business in many ways. Here are some key features of microlearning apps:
- An invaluable feature of microlearning apps is their ability to break down content into small, manageable chunks. By breaking down content into small pieces, it becomes much easier to digest and learn. This is popularly referred to as bite-sized learning. Additionally, it allows learners to focus on one specific thing at a time, which can lead to better comprehension and retention.
- Content is engaging and interactive: It is another great feature of microlearning apps. This helps keep learners engaged and motivated to learn. Scenario-based questions with illustrations can help solidify concepts. It also makes them easier to remember.
- A crucial part of any learning process is assessment. Microlearning apps typically include built-in assessments. This allows learners to test their knowledge and ensure they comprehend the material. Additionally, it provides a way for businesses to track employee progress. It also helps identify areas where additional training may be needed.
- Content is updated regularly: This is one of the benefits of using microlearning apps. It helps keep up with the trends in time and build capabilities within the organization.
How to Make the Most of Your Microlearning App?
Making the most of your microlearning app means using it to its fullest potential. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your microlearning app:
- Use it regularly: The more you use your microlearning app, the more benefits you will see. Make sure to set aside time each day or week to use your app. The purpose of a microlearning app is to instill a habit of continual learning.
- Try different features: Explore all the features your microlearning app has to offer. You may be surprised at how helpful some of them can be.
- Customize your learning: Microlearning apps are designed to be flexible and cater to your individual needs. Take advantage of this by customizing your learning experience. This would lead to an incremental learning curve.
- Set goals: Having specific goals in mind will help you get the most out of your microlearning app. Make sure to set both short-term and long-term goals, so you can track your progress.
- Improve: Utilize your microlearning apps analytics dashboard to understand your learning agility. This will help you improve on areas where the knowledge gaps are high.
Common Mistakes Businesses Make When Using Microlearning Apps
Microlearning apps are becoming popular among businesses as an effective way to train employees. Yet, there are some common mistakes that businesses make when using these apps, which can lead to problems.
The most common mistake is not regularly using the app. Microlearning apps need to be used frequently to be effective. If they are only used occasionally, employees will forget the information they have learned and will not apply it in the workplace. Hence, it is crucial that the organization drives microlearning and makes it part of their employees’ daily jobs.
Another mistake is not tailoring the content of the app to the specific needs of the business. The content of the app should be relevant to the industry and the type of work that employees do. If it is not, they will quickly become bored and may not bother to use it at all.
Businesses need to ensure they keep the microlearning app updated with relevant information. Also, keep the platform interesting. If the content becomes outdated, employees will stop using it and it becomes ineffective. To keep employees engaged and learn new things, regular updates are essential. In addition, to ensure that they are motivated to use the app, one must ensure that the content is engaging in nature. It should not just be a simple question and answer. It would be more productive if employees were provided with visual scenarios relevant to their situation.
Last but not least, we promise you this is a good one. Gamification – Creating healthy competition among employees would promote continuous learning. especially when tied with an incentive-based system. No one says no to a bonus or reward. So to truly make microlearning effective in your organization, ensure it is a component of the employee’s KPI.
Is Mobile Learning and Microlearning the perfect pair?
Microlearning is a powerful tool that can help your organization get the most out of its learning and development efforts. Microlearning can help employees retain more information. This can be achieved by delivering bite-sized content in a way that is easy to consume and learn.
There are various microlearning applications available, each with its own features and benefits. To find the right one for your organization, consider your needs and objectives. Then compare different apps to see which one best meets your needs.
Once you’ve selected a microlearning app, you can start using it to create and deliver content. This will help your employees learn more effectively. And, as they start to use the app and see the benefits for themselves, they’ll be more likely to continue to learn and engage with the platform. This will make your investment in microlearning even more valuable.
- Is microlearning meant for me?
Of course, microlearning is meant for anyone and everyone looking to consume information in a bite-sized manner.
- How long will it take for microlearning to show results?
Depending on the usage of the employees, it may take anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks. The idea behind microlearning apps is continuous usage.
Still confused? Book a demo and check for yourself.